Bulgarian Transport Ministry Launches Operation 'Smoke'
The first of a series of checks of passenger and cargo vehicles, carried out by the Bulgarian Transport Ministry, is launched Thursday under the codename "Smoke."
The action starts on the capital's Sofia beltway near the junction for the village of Kazichene, in the presence of Transport Minister, Aleksander Tsvetkov.
The check will be done all over the country and inspectors will watch for elevated levels of harmful emissions.
The probe comes on the heels on recently passed amendments of the Road Traffic Act, and aim at improving the technical condition of vehicles in the country and limiting air pollution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog, Sun, Rain and Thunder today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer with possibility of Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Afternoon Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunder, Hail is also Possible