Borisov Telegram: Putin's Happy Birthday 'Extremely Happy Occasion'
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has congratulated his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin for his birthday.
In a special telegram, Borisov has used the chance to send birthday wishes to Putin to express also his hopes for the Bulgarian-Russian relations.
"I am using this extremely happy occasion to express my conviction that the active dialogue between Bulgaria and Russia will solidify our historical friendship and will be a demonstration of our mutual trust, goodwill, and pragmatism," says Borisov in his address to Putin.
He wishes the Russian PM good health and much success in his highly responsible post.
Borisov and Putin have met only once in person, in Gdansk, about a year ago, in a meeting that stirred much controversy as the Russian leader expressed his bewilderment at the decisions of the Bulgarian PM with respect to the large bilateral energy projects.
Borisov's congratulatory telegram to Putin, who will be celebrating his 58th birthday in his native St. Petersburg, coincided with a rally before the "House of Moscow in Sofia" remembering the fourth year since the assassination of Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya.
"We don't want a Putin's Bulgaria," shouted the protesters from the "Free Speech Association "Anna Politkovskaya" carrying a photo of Borisov and Putin together.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia