Bulgaria's Sofia to Celebrate European Day of Languages
Foreign culture institutions in Bulgaria will gather Sunday for the first time to celebrate in Sofia the European Day of Languages.
Games and quizzes, which aim to show children that learning languages can be an interesting and pleasant activity, will take place in front of the National "Ivan Vazov" Theater between 11 am and 4 pm.
Presentations of different languages and a contest for artistic interpretation of a Bulgarian poem, translated in different languages, will also be part of the program.
The European Day of Languages is celebrated since 2001. Its goal is to promote multilingualism in Europe, where over 200 languages are spoken.
The celebration in Sofia, organized by the network of cultural centers of the EU member states, EUNIC, will include the Austrian Embassy, the British Council, the Czech Cultural Center, the French Institute, the Goethe Institute, the Hungarian Cultural Institute, the Cervantes Institute, the Education Office at the Embassy of Spain, the Russian Cultural and Information Center, and the Bulgarian Ministry of Education.
- » Apple is Turning Big Cities’ Streets into Art with Augmented Reality
- » Half of Bulgarians Like Local Pop Folk Music Chalga
- » The National Costume Festival in Zheravna Begins
- » Spice Music Festival - 90`s Edition Coming in August to Burgas
- » N.Y’s Kalafatis Teams With Bulgaria’s Nu Boyana for Greek Venture
- » Street Food & Art Festival in Burgas is a New Concept for an Urban Festival