Bulgaria's Sofia to Celebrate European Day of Languages
Foreign culture institutions in Bulgaria will gather Sunday for the first time to celebrate in Sofia the European Day of Languages.
Games and quizzes, which aim to show children that learning languages can be an interesting and pleasant activity, will take place in front of the National "Ivan Vazov" Theater between 11 am and 4 pm.
Presentations of different languages and a contest for artistic interpretation of a Bulgarian poem, translated in different languages, will also be part of the program.
The European Day of Languages is celebrated since 2001. Its goal is to promote multilingualism in Europe, where over 200 languages are spoken.
The celebration in Sofia, organized by the network of cultural centers of the EU member states, EUNIC, will include the Austrian Embassy, the British Council, the Czech Cultural Center, the French Institute, the Goethe Institute, the Hungarian Cultural Institute, the Cervantes Institute, the Education Office at the Embassy of Spain, the Russian Cultural and Information Center, and the Bulgarian Ministry of Education.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders