Bulgaria's Wine Export Down by 60-70%
The export of Bulgarian wine has dropped by 60-70% as a result of the economic crisis, the head of the Association of Bulgarian Wine Producers, Dimitrin Vichev, has announced.
Vichev has explained that more than 90% of the Bulgarian wine, which is being exported, is sold for EUR 0,65 and EUR 0,75 per bottle, while the real price would be not less than EUR 1 or EUR 1,2.
According to the leadership of the Association of Bulgarian Wine Producers, explanation for the price difference could be given by the respective state agencies, like the Executive Agency on Vine and Wine, the Customs Agency and others.
In Vichev's words, the wine branch has been challenged and is under pressure from the gray sector and the home production.
"It takes courage and lots of love to keep your business on the market," Vichev said, adding that the real decline of wine production in Bulgaria is between 30% and 50%.
The Association, which unites the small wine producers, has demanded a cancellation of the part for wine production from the Order for control of the excise goods.
"The excise duty on wine is zero. If the state wants to control us, it should buy the tools for that and not make us pay for the control," Vichev said.
The secretary of the Association, Rositsa Kyuchukova, has stated that if the government decides to introduce excise duty for wine, it will "totally kill the branch".
"Unfortunately, in Bulgaria the use of high alcohol beverages has increased. A sign of civilization in a society is when more wine is used," Vichev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian and Ukrainian Agriculture Ministers Forge Agreement on Export Licensing System for Key Crop
- » On-The-Go Wins: How Mobile Gambling Is Reshaping the Casino Landscape
- » Thousands of Non-EU Nationals Secure Work Permits in Bulgaria in 2023
- » Bulgaria Enacts Plant Protection Act Revisions Aligning with EU Standards
- » Bulgaria Joins EU Coalition Seeking Aid for Farmers Hit by Ukrainian Imports
- » Milk Production Plummets: Bulgaria Ranks Bottom in EU Dairy Farms!