Bulgarian Designer to Gather Politicians at Fashion Show
A fashion show of the popular Bulgarian designer Zheni Zhivkova is expected to gather the political elite from the country, as well as representatives of diplomatic missions.
Zhivkova is the granddaughter of the communist head of state Todor Zhivkov, who was in power from 1971 until 1989. She was also an MP from 2001 until 2009.
She will stage her fashion show on September 16 in the National Palace of Culture in Sofia.
Zhivkova will present 55 models from her fall/winter collection, divided in 10 themes. The colors are mostly gray, beige, purple, blue and white. The models have been influenced from the Renaissance era, as well as from the 40's and 50's from the 20th century.
One of the most popular Bulgarian models, Zheni Kalkandjieva, will make a comeback to the catwalk after giving birth to her son. She will once again be the face of Zhivkova's collection and will participate in the show only because of their friendship.
Kalkandjieva was crowned "Miss Bulgaria 1995" and was the first Bulgarian model to reach the 6th place at the "Miss World" competition in the same year.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders