Bulgarian Minister: Healthcare Is Sick!
Long have I said that Bulgarian healthcare is sick, curably though with a delay, stated Bulgarian Minister of Public Health Anna-Maria Borisova.
She was speaking in an interview for bTV regarding the state of the healthcare system, which is said to be one of the cabinet’s and parliament’s top priorities for the new political season launched September 1.
Borisova expressed concern that “for the last 10 years nothing has been done” to reform the system, and vowed to take “radical measures.”
The health minister reiterated her earlier idea to develop pre-hospital care to reduce the burden on hospitals and pointed out various ways in which hospitals are not efficiently used.
She stated some hospitals are working well, but others that do not cover adequate standards will need to be closed. Thus she contributed to a long trail of self-contradicting statements of hers, in which she was stating that hospitals will be closed only to deny it a few days later.
Borisova was not specific when asked about low salaries and wages in the health sector and did not state concrete measures to stop the outflow of workforce from the sector out of Bulgaria.
The health minister stressed on the need to enforce that citizens pay their health insurance contribution to keep the system running.
- » World Diabetes Day: How is the Disease Caused?
- » Bulgaria Ranked Highest in Europe in Consumption of Mass and Cheap Antibiotics
- » Nutritionists Have Identified the Most Beneficial For Health Foods
- » African Swine Fever Reaches Western Europe in Blow to EU Pork Exports
- » Dangerous Bacteria in the Drinking Water of the City of Strelcha and Three Other Villages
- » First Cases of African Swine Fever Found in Four Wild Boars in Dobrich
"Borisova was not specific when asked about low salaries and wages in the health sector and did not state concrete measures to stop the outflow of workforce from the sector out of Bulgaria."
Well, yeah. Why get paid 1000lv a month in BG for cutting people open when you can get 10,000lv a month in the UK for filling out beaurocratic forms and doing no real work!