Bulgarians Increased Trips Abroad in Q2
The total number of trips Bulgarian citizens have made within the country and abroad dropped by 11% for the second quarter of 2010, according to preliminary data from Bulgaria's National Statistics Institute.
However, Bulgarians made about 23% more trips abroad in the second quarter this year, in comparison to the period April-June 2009, while the trips within the country dropped by 17%.
According to the data, vacations and trips have been the most common reason for the Bulgarians to travel abroad.
The average money spent on a trip in Bulgaria in the second quarter of 2010 was BGN 158, while the average for a trip abroad was BGN 478. The statistics, however, showed that when people traveled on business trips, their expenses have been bigger.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Tourism Reports the Most Difficult Summer Season and Losses of Nearly 80%
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Two-Thirds of Hotels in Bulgaria Empty in July, Turnover Down With 65%
- » Wales and Scotland Impose a 14-Day Quarantine on Those Arriving from Portugal
- » United Airline to Cut Over 16 000 Jobs
- » Denmark Removes Bulgaria from Quarantine List