Bulgarian Consumer Rights Watchdog Fines Fake Travel Agency
The Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Consumers (CPC) has fined a travel agency that has offered trips abroad without having a registration as a tour operator.
The office in Sofia of the travel agency “Misys International” has been temporary closed.
On its website, the agency has stated that it is a fully licensed travel agency with a license number 04721. However, the Commission for Protection of Consumers has established that this number is invalid.
CPC has also stated that consumers who use an unregistered tour operator are at risk of being damaged due to partial or complete failure to execute the service.
The register of licensed tour operators is public and anybody could check whether an agency is entitled to carry out intermediary activities.
The Commission has pointed out that fly-by-night companies often offer trips to exotic destinations at attractive prices. “Misys International” has been offering vacations in Dubai, Jordan, Greece, Turkey, Bali Island, etc.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Israeli Tourists Will Spend Their Winter Holidays in Bulgaria
- » 66% Fewer Flights in 2020
- » Japan to Lift Ban on Overseas Travel to 12 Countries by Next Month
- » Five Balkan Countries in a Joint Initiative Not to Require PCR Tests at Their Borders
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators Insist on PCR Testing Instead of Quarantine
- » Transport Minister: BGN 30 Million Grants for Bulgarian Bus Carriers