Cigarette Contraband Busted on Serbia-Bulgaria Train
The Bulgarian Customs agents from the border cross point Kalotina, between Bulgaria and Serbia prevented a large-scale cigarette contraband Monday, the Customs Agency informs.
Thousands of packs of cigarettes were found in a compartment of the international train traveling from Serbia to Bulgaria. They were hidden in cavities in the compartment’s ceiling and walls. Most packs and boxes have Serbian excise duty labels from the Victory and Vice Roy brands; there are also boxes of Eva Slims without a label and of Marilyn Slims with Duty Free labels.
The compartment had been empty at the time of the check, so the indictment is against a unknown perpetrator. The contraband train scam is preferred and often used by the smugglers precisely because the authorities have a hard time finding them, experts explain.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol