Medieval Bulgarian Warriors Entertain Tourists in Veliko Tarnovo
Dozens of young Bulgarians have taken part in the “Stage of the Ages” Festival in Bulgaria's medieval capital Veliko Tarnovo.
The festival, which lasted for three days ending Sunday, presented authentic costumes of ancient and medieval warriors, peasants, and priests at the Tsatevets fortress in Veliko Tarnovo, the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185-1396).
Despite the summer heat, the warriors – who are representatives of several sports and traditions club from around the country – presented their skills in wielding medieval weapons such as bows, swords, slingshots, and javelins. Their demonstrations attracted scores of Bulgarian and foreign tourists.
The most active participants in the live performances of medieval Bulgarian war styles and traditions were from the “Sila” (i.e. “Power”) Association from Plovdiv, the Varna club for historical performances “Chigot”, and the Ancient Bulgarian survival school “Baga-Tur”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Air with Аdditional Flights on the Route Sofia - Varna for the Holidays
- » Bulgaria Records Second Lowest Air Travel Increase in EU
- » Bulgaria’s MFA Launched an App to Help All Travelers Abroad
- » Sofia Airport Introduces Smart Drinking Water Fountains
- » Borovets Gears Up for Winter Season with Artificial Snow Preparation
- » Ryanair Launches Summer 2024 Schedule with over 1.7 Million Seats for Bulgaria