Bulgaria Restricts Freight Road Traffic August
Bulgarian authorities issued a ban of all heavy-freight vehicles on its road network on 15:00 - 20:00 Fridays and Sundays between August 6 and 30.
The Road Infrastructure Agency, which is the state organ taking care of roads, motivated the restriction with heat above 35 degrees C expected. This causes Bulgarian asphalt to melt under the wheels of heavy trucks.
The ban applies to vehicles over 20 tonnes moving along Bulgaria's highways and first category roads. It also includes tractors and other agricultural and construction vehicles.
A similar ban was issued for today for Bulgaria's southwestern Blagoevgrad region, as well as for some roads in northern Bulgaria.
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP
- » 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Greece
- » It will be mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Isolated Showers and Thunder Possible
- » Mostly Sunny Weather Today, Highs between 27C and 32C
- » Sunny Today, Scattered Showers and Thunder
- » 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali