Energy Minister: AES Wants to Alter Bulgarian Legislation
American energy company AES is intentionally protracting its project for building a solar power plant near Silistra, because it wants changes introduced in Bulgaria's law on renewable energy, said Minister of Energy Traicho Traikov.
The statement, quoted by Dnevnik.bg doesn't make clear whether Traikov was negative or positive about that fact.
He further stated that the changes that AES wants introduced into legislation is a state subsidy that would amount to BGN 50-100 M.
Traikov went on to praise AES, saying “I admitted the American company only because it was AES. There are over 150 similar projects whose executors want to hold a meeting with me, but I do not admit them.”
Traikov issued the statement that AES is idling on its own project in response of new pushy criticism on the part of American ambassador to Bulgaria James Warlick, who said upon presenting AES's project Wednesday said: “AES has been waiting for six months to go ahead with its investment, which costs nothing to the Bulgarian government.”
The Bulgarian energy minister stated that this wait is not due to his ministry, but rather to AES's own choice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%