Most of Bulgaria Declares Alert over Torrential Rains
A total of 17 of the 28 Bulgarian districts have declared a third-degree alert order because of the forecasts for torrential rains and thunderstorms.
According to the Environment Ministry, the National Meteorology and Hydrology Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences expects that there will be more than 50 liters of rain precipitation per square meter in some parts of the country in the next 24 hours.
The third-degree alert level means possible damage on agricultural and industrial objects as well as threat for people's lives.
The alert level have been raised in the districts of Blagoevgrad, Smolyan, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Lovech, Pleven, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Stara Zagora, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Sliven, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, and Silistra.
Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Sofia District, Sofia City District, Kyustendil, and Pernik have a lower level of alert, while no risk is expected for the districts of Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, and Yambol.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Yellow Code for Rainfall and Thunderstorms has been announced for half of Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny, in some places with Rain today