Bulgaria's Levski Beats 2:0 Dundalk in Europa League Clash
Bulgaria’s Levski Sofia has expectedly defeated Irish Dundalk in their Europa League Second Qualifying Round second leg at Oriel Park last night.
Holding a 6-0 lead from the first leg in Bulgaria last week, Levski took just four minutes to open their account at the Louth venue with a goal by French striker Garra Dembele. He cemented Levski victory with one more goal in the 33rd minute.
In the third-round clash on July 29 Levski will face Swedish side Kalmar.
Dundalk: 1 Peter Cherrie; 15 Ciaran McGuigan, 5 Garry Breen, 3 Wayne Hatswell, 12 Michael Synnott; 9 Fahrudin Kuduzovic, 16 Stephen McDonnell, 7 Stephen Maher (captain), 4 Tom Miller, 11 Ross Gaynor; 20 Steven Lennon (17 Tiarnan Mulvenna, 59 mins).
Subs not used: 22 Matt Gregg (GK), 8 Alan Cawley, 10 Neale Fenn,18 Mark Griffin, 19 Johnny Breen.
Pfa Levski Sofia: 1 Georgi Petkov (captain), 2 Dustley Muller, 55 Yordan Miliev, 5 Ivo Ivanov, 14 Veselin Minev; 17 Daniel Mladenov, 30 Lachezar Baltanov, 45 Vladimir Gadzhev (16 Mariyan Ognyanov, 60 mins), 20 Joaozinho (28 Aleksandar Kirov, 70 mins); 22 Darko Tasevski, 39 Garra Dembele (29 Ismael Isa, 56 mins).
Subs not used: 12 Mitrev Bojidar, 7 Alex Aleksandrov, 11 Elin Topuzakov, 18 Georgi Hristov.
Referee: Firat Aydinus (Turkey).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance