BULGARIAN-BORN NEW ZEALAND WRITER GETS GERMAN AWARD
Society | July 17, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgarian-born Kapka Kassabova, who has written novels and poetry in four languages, has been given New Zealand's Richest Writers' Residency Award, Tehran Times reported. The award will allow 29-year-old Kassabova to live and work in Berlin for nine months. She will take up the award, worth about 60,000 New Zealand dollars (nearly 29,000 U.S. dollars), in September and work on her fourth novel and a new collection of poems. According to Murray Shaw, chairman of the Arts Board of Creative New Zealand, which makes the award, said it was an excellent opportunity for a New Zealand writer to live in a cultural hub of Europe.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » More than 60 Were Killed in Blasts at Mosque in Afghanistan
- » BFSA Withdraws Dangerous Romanian Mackerel from the Market
- » Bulgarian Warships Depart for NATO Missions
- » President Rumen Radev with a Comment about the State of the Media Environment in Bulgaria
- » The Iconic Barbie Doll Is Turning 60!
- » Plane Overshot the Runway in Alaska