Closure Looms for Bulgaria's Polluting Thermal Plants
All Thermal Power Plants (TPP) in Bulgaria that pollute the environment will be closed by the end of 2012, Eco Minister, Nona Kardzhova, informs Monday.
The Minister pointed she has no worries about power shortages because the deadline gives TPPs enough time to fulfill the environmental requirements, adding people constantly approach her with demands for clean air for their children.
The environmental requirements have been agreed on and alligned with the European Commission, which is to send shortly extensive questionnaires for the TPPs.
If it is established that the country as whole is bellow the allowed threshold for sulfur dioxide emissions, some compromise is possible, under certain conditions, especially the quality of the atmosphere, Kardazhova explains.
- » Sunny and Hot Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 29°C and 34°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Macedonia
- » China floods: Dozens killed, Hundreds Are Wounded
- » Sunny and Hot today, with Maximum Temperature Between 31°C and 36°C
- » Bulgarian and Romanian Ships Fight Oil Spills in the Black Sea
- » 4.1 Magnitude Earthquake In Greece