1 Million Bulgarians Enjoy New Biometric ID Cards
More than 1 million Bulgarians have already received their new biometric data passports.
“Siemens AG”, which is one of Europe's largest engineering conglomerate, has taken up the task to help the Bulgarian police issue 7 800 documents per day.
“Passport number 1 000 000 has been issued two months earlier than preliminary announced. At the moment, the company is producing 230% more documents than agreed in the contract, which makes 18 000 documents per day,” the statement from “Siemens” said.
The company guarantees that the Bulgarian citizens will have one of the best protected documents within the EU, which also satisfy the requirements of ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
“Siemens” explain that the new document will feature a chip, a digital picture, perforated image, copy of the picture and fingerprints. Also, the comprehensive display of data and visual image will be performed through a special laser technology.
The company has announced that the deadline for the implementation of the protections is 2013. It has also stated that there is no possibility of falsification of the documents.
- » Facebook Has Stored Contacts to 1.5 Million People Without Asking Them
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » More than 30,000 Antique Objects to Return to Bulgaria after Special Operation by Bulgarian and Spanish Authorities (Video)
- » Passenger in Critical Condition after Abrupt Stop by a Public Transport Bus in Varna
- » Medics from the only Paediatric Hospital in Bulgaria Demand Higher Pay and more Staff
- » Person Hit by Train near Lakatnik Station