1 Million Bulgarians Enjoy New Biometric ID Cards
More than 1 million Bulgarians have already received their new biometric data passports.
“Siemens AG”, which is one of Europe's largest engineering conglomerate, has taken up the task to help the Bulgarian police issue 7 800 documents per day.
“Passport number 1 000 000 has been issued two months earlier than preliminary announced. At the moment, the company is producing 230% more documents than agreed in the contract, which makes 18 000 documents per day,” the statement from “Siemens” said.
The company guarantees that the Bulgarian citizens will have one of the best protected documents within the EU, which also satisfy the requirements of ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
“Siemens” explain that the new document will feature a chip, a digital picture, perforated image, copy of the picture and fingerprints. Also, the comprehensive display of data and visual image will be performed through a special laser technology.
The company has announced that the deadline for the implementation of the protections is 2013. It has also stated that there is no possibility of falsification of the documents.
- » One Man Died, Four Are Injured in a Car Accident with a Police Patrol Car
- » The Oldest Mosque in Bulgaria is Now Open to Visitors after a Major Overhaul
- » 7.4 on the Richter Scale near New Zealand
- » Today is Father's Day!
- » What will Be the Weather in the Coming Week?
- » New Contamination after Oil Spill! This Time near Burgas