Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Visits Bulgaria
Ecumenical Patriarch and Archbishop of Constantinople Bartholomew I is on an official visit to Bulgaria this weekend to meet Bulgarian believers and official leaders.
Bartholomew I arrived in Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to lead a special festive service Saturday morning on occasion of St. Marina's day, which gathered senior clergy from across the Orthodox world.
Friday miracle-working icon of St. Marina arrived from the Holy Land in Plovdiv's metropolitan church bearing her name.
Sunday morning the Ecumenical Patriarch met Plovdiv intellectuals and artists and learned about the history of the city. Bartholomew spoke of the Orthodox Church strong and historical commitment to the support of arts.
In the afternoon Bartholomew I is on to Sofia, where he will meet Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov and the Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church Maxim.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today is the World Theatre Day
- » The 24th Sofia International Film Festival and the 17th Sofia Meetings Postponed
- » The National Gallery Limits Attendance at its Affiliates
- » The 24rd Edition of Sofia International Film Festival Begins in March
- » The New James Bond Movie Premiere will be Delayed because of the Coronavirus
- » Al Bano and Romina Power's Concert in Bulgaria is Postponed