Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Visits Bulgaria
Ecumenical Patriarch and Archbishop of Constantinople Bartholomew I is on an official visit to Bulgaria this weekend to meet Bulgarian believers and official leaders.
Bartholomew I arrived in Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to lead a special festive service Saturday morning on occasion of St. Marina's day, which gathered senior clergy from across the Orthodox world.
Friday miracle-working icon of St. Marina arrived from the Holy Land in Plovdiv's metropolitan church bearing her name.
Sunday morning the Ecumenical Patriarch met Plovdiv intellectuals and artists and learned about the history of the city. Bartholomew spoke of the Orthodox Church strong and historical commitment to the support of arts.
In the afternoon Bartholomew I is on to Sofia, where he will meet Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov and the Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church Maxim.
- » Antistatic International Festival for Contemporary Dance and Performance
- » On 17 and 18 May, Burgas will Host a Two-day Festival Dedicated to South Korean Culture
- » 70 Documentaries Will be Projected During This Year's Edition of Master of Art Festival
- » The Performance "A Simple Space" on Bulgarian Stage
- » Cultural Heritage tour Presented to Mark Sofia’s 140th Anniversary as Capital of Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul