Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Visits Bulgaria
Ecumenical Patriarch and Archbishop of Constantinople Bartholomew I is on an official visit to Bulgaria this weekend to meet Bulgarian believers and official leaders.
Bartholomew I arrived in Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to lead a special festive service Saturday morning on occasion of St. Marina's day, which gathered senior clergy from across the Orthodox world.
Friday miracle-working icon of St. Marina arrived from the Holy Land in Plovdiv's metropolitan church bearing her name.
Sunday morning the Ecumenical Patriarch met Plovdiv intellectuals and artists and learned about the history of the city. Bartholomew spoke of the Orthodox Church strong and historical commitment to the support of arts.
In the afternoon Bartholomew I is on to Sofia, where he will meet Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov and the Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church Maxim.
- » The Connor Brothers with an Exhibition in Sofia
- » Bryan Adams Will Sing in Plovdiv in November
- » Asian Festival Sofia 2019
- » The First "Bile Fest" - Herbs Dedicated Festival Will Be Held on the St. Anastasia Island in Bourgas
- » The National Lavender Festival Will Take Place on Saint John's Eve (Enyovden)
- » Milko Lazarov's Film "Aga" Wins New International Prize