Bulgarian Health Ministry Warns of Harmful US Food Supplements
The Bulgarian Health Ministry warns about 65 harmful food supplements from the US, containing steroids or steroid substances, sold over the internet.
The information has been received by the Ministry of Agriculture and Foods through the EU Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF). The alert concerns individuals from Europe and the US, who have purchased products by the company Bodybuilding.com.
The products have been shipped directly to consumers and there isn’t any information about official distributors in the US or Europe.
The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had conducted a probe and determined the products sold by Bodubuilding.com are harmful and can lead to serious health problems and even death.
The dangerous effects include liver failure, male sterility, and stroke, among others.
On the order of FDA, Bodybuilding.com began at the end of June a recall of the 65 products.
- » The Health Insurance Contribution Remains 8%, however, Bulgarians Will Have to be Additionally Insured with a Health Insurance Fund.
- » Six Swimming Pools in Sofia with Water Quality Violations
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry with Decision to Open a National Multi-Profile Children's Hospital
- » The Bulgarian Health Fund Owes BGN 285 Million to Foreign Institutions
- » African Swine Fever is Spreading in Bulgaria
- » Less than 1 % of the Pharmacies in Bulgaria Work 24/7