Bulgarian Health Ministry Warns of Harmful US Food Supplements
The Bulgarian Health Ministry warns about 65 harmful food supplements from the US, containing steroids or steroid substances, sold over the internet.
The information has been received by the Ministry of Agriculture and Foods through the EU Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF). The alert concerns individuals from Europe and the US, who have purchased products by the company Bodybuilding.com.
The products have been shipped directly to consumers and there isn’t any information about official distributors in the US or Europe.
The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had conducted a probe and determined the products sold by Bodubuilding.com are harmful and can lead to serious health problems and even death.
The dangerous effects include liver failure, male sterility, and stroke, among others.
On the order of FDA, Bodybuilding.com began at the end of June a recall of the 65 products.
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth in Europe on the Spread of Measles
- » A National Coordination Council for Measles Has Been Established
- » 460 Infected with Measles in Bulgaria, 20 of them are Hospital Staff
- » Medics from the only Paediatric Hospital in Bulgaria Demand Higher Pay and more Staff
- » Мedical Specialists in Burgas Are Protesting
- » WHO: Measles Cases Have Risen by 300%