Another Bulgarian Man Sentenced in Belgium over Pimping
The criminal court in Brussels has sentenced to 4 years imprisonment a Bulgarian man, convicted of forcing his wife to prostitute and attempting his sister-in-law to prostitute as well.
The Belgian daily “La Derniere Heure” has announced that the 46-year-old Rumen Obretenov has beat his wife and has even broken her arm.
On February 5, the police in Brussels received an anonymous information that a young woman has been forced to prostitute since she was 15 by a man who later became her husband.
In March, the police received a phone call by the sister of the young woman, who claimed that Obretenov has been beating her. The police have arrested the man and have found out that the women could have been seen at the bars “Bond 007” and “Chouchou” regularly.
Obretenov has already been convicted in Bulgaria for pimping, blackmailing and robbery. He is considered dangerous and aggressive. “La Derniere Heure” also notes that he has tried to force other women, living in the same building with him, to prostitute.
The investigation has shown that Obretenov has controlled two more women who have been prostituting in Austria. He has invested the money, derived from the women's activities, in renovation of a house in Sofia.
The Brussels police has also arrested a 44-year-old women, owner of the bar “Bond 007” in Brussels. She has been sentenced to community service due to the fact that the girls who stayed behind the curtains in her bar had to give her EUR 250 per day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene