Hollywood Stars Invite Bulgarians in Documentary
Every Bulgarian could participate in the making of the first global documentary movie, directed and produced by the Hollywood stars Ridley Scott and Kevin McDonald.
The sponsor of the initiative, LG Electronics, announced Monday that in order to contribute to the project “Life in a Day”, the participants should shoot moments from their July 24, 2010 and upload them on YouTube at www.youtube.com/lifeinaday.
The participants whose videos are included in the project will be officially announced as co-authors and 20 of them will be given the opportunity to be present at the official premiere of the movie at Sundance, which is one of the most prestigious festivals for independent movies.
“Life in a Day” will be produced by Ridley Scott, known for his work on “Robin Hood”, “Gladiator” and “Black Hawk”.
The best amateur videos will be selected and chosen by the Oscar-winner Kevin McDonald, who directed the movies “Last King of Scotland”, “State of Play”, and “Touching the Void”. In 2000, he won Oscar for best documentary movie for “One Day in September”.
According to the initiators, “Life in a Day” would be a time capsule, which goal would be to show the future generations what life looked like on July 24, 2010. The unique experiment would merge the movie industry and the social networks.
“I doubt that there is a better way to collect an unlimited amount of videos than to invite members of social networks to participate,” McDonald said.
“Life in a Day” is another YouTube project that aims at extending the borders of art. Previous projects with the same goal were the YouTube Symphony Orchestra and the recently announced partnership with the Gugenheim Museum in New York.
- » 70 Documentaries Will be Projected During This Year's Edition of Master of Art Festival
- » The Performance "A Simple Space" on Bulgarian Stage
- » Cultural Heritage tour Presented to Mark Sofia’s 140th Anniversary as Capital of Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn