Bike Riders from Sofia to Enjoy Special Lanes in 5 Years
The first program for building a network of bike lanes in Sofia is ready, the mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova has announced.
On Saturday Fandakova awarded students who participated in the traditional bicycle trip marking the end of the academic year.
“It is expected the program to be finished in five years. The start of the program has been funded by the Sofia municipality and for the next stages we will try to find funding from the EU,” the mayor said.
She added that the building of a 7-km bike lane in the Sofia district “Mladost” will begin in the fall.
Over 300 people gathered Saturday morning for the event, which involved a 20-km ride to nearby town of Bankya.
Students were joined by three members of the Bulgarian cabinet: Sergey Ignatov, Minister of Education, Traicho Traikov, Minister of Economy and Energy, and Tomislav Donchev, Minister for EU funds.
- » No Environmental Pollution Recorded after the Fire at Maritsa Iztok 2 TPP
- » Over 9,200 ha of Corn Completely Damaged by Hail in Central Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian-Swiss Program Gives 2500 Children a Chance to Go to Kindergarten
- » The Problematic Places of Sofia, which Get Flooded after Heavy Rainfall
- » Bulgarian has Died, and Four have been Injured in Car Crash in Romania
- » The Mountain Rescue Service Warns Tourists not to Take Walks in the Mountains