Bulgaria Mulls Ways to Boost Employment
Ways to boost employment in times of an economic crisis and the challenges ahead will be on top of the agenda of a discussion between state officials and NGO representatives, initiated by Bulgaria's President Georgi Parvanov.
This is the third forum dedicated to the preparation of a national strategy "Bulgaria 2020" following the meetings in Plovdiv and Blagoevgrad, which discussed issues concerning the health care and education systems.
The discussion will be led by Margarita Atanasova, advisor to the president in the filed of social policy.
Eco-innovation, digital developments and new skills are the drivers for future growth in Europe and the focus of the Europe 2020 Strategy. Formally adopted by the European Council on 17 June 2010, the plan for the coming decade is to get back to basics
The Europe 2020 Strategy reaffirms the goal of boosting research and development (R&D) spending in Europe from 1.9% of gross domestic product (GDP) to 3%. Another goal is to reach a 75% employment rate for men and women, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20%.
Bulgaria’s unemployment rate in June 2010 was 9.26%, a slight reduction from the 9.53% in May, official data shows.
- » New Contamination after Oil Spill! This Time near Burgas
- » Decho Dechev, Manager of NHIF: The Cashiers' Gaps Are Well Known
- » Increased Traffic on Bulgaria's Roads
- » Sunny and Hot Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 29°C and 34°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Macedonia
- » China floods: Dozens killed, Hundreds Are Wounded