Danube River Surpasses Critical Level at Bulgaria's Russe
The level of the Danube River has gone above 8 m near the Bulgarian city of Russe, which has made the situation in the region critical
Overnight, the level of the Danube at Russe has become 8,01 cm. The local district administration is technically obliged to call up an emergency meeting of the local authorities.
Yet, it has not moved to do so because the head of the crisis management and information security of the Russe District Governor's Office Spasimir Dimitrov has stated that everybody expected the level of the flooding river to decrease.
At the same time, however, the Agency for Studying and Maintenance of the Danube Level has predicted an increase of its level by 5 cm near Russe, and it is therefore unclear how the situation with the largest Bulgarian Danube city will develop.
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » Cloudy Day with Rain in Many Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Considerable Cloudiness Across most of Bulgaria, Rain in some Places in the Afternoon
- » Wild Animals have Eaten Pelican Eggs in "Srebarna" Nature Reserve
- » Fake Sports Goods Detained at Varna West Port
- » Rain in the Afternoon in Western Bulgaria, Snow in the Mountains