Danube Situation in Bulgarian Sector Remains Critical
The situation with the level of the river Danube in the Bulgarian stretch is still critical, especially in the Bulgarian north-west.
Authorities in the town of Lom report a level of over 855 cm. The riverside town park has been flooded an more an more homes suffer from exceptionally high levels of underground water. The port is partially flooded. Authorities are stratging to build an emergency levee.
A similar situation is reported for the town of Vidin (854 cm). The road between Vidin and Lom has been closed since Tuesday because of flooding.
To villages in Vidin Region are already having trouble with their drinking water because of problems with pumps draining flood water away from fresh water sources.
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » Cloudy Day with Rain in Many Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Considerable Cloudiness Across most of Bulgaria, Rain in some Places in the Afternoon
- » Wild Animals have Eaten Pelican Eggs in "Srebarna" Nature Reserve
- » Fake Sports Goods Detained at Varna West Port
- » Rain in the Afternoon in Western Bulgaria, Snow in the Mountains