Bulgaria's Former Tsar Vouches for 2nd Nuclear Plant
Bulgaria must go on with the project to build a second nuclear power Plant (NPP) in the Danube town of Belene, according to former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg.
Saxe-Coburg spoke in an interview for Darik radio, saying the NPP had been previously frozen and forgotten many times, but responsible engineers always maintained in good condition and it does not make sense to just throw away all the money invested so far.
The former PM points out that under his term he wanted to build Belene the way Finland built their nuclear plant with the best technology and diversified customers.
On Friday, current Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, made headlines when he told EU Ambassadors to Sofia that Bulgaria is freezing the construction of its second nuclear power plant at Belene because of the lack of guarantees for the profitability of the project.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
"The former PM points out that under his term he wanted to build Belene the way Finland built their nuclear plant with the best technology and diversified customers"
Well that's it for you and me, your Highness ! - Any nuclear energy technology will be a legacy of horror for an increasing population, with diminishing natural resources. It is a short-sighted and childinsh hope - not the stuff of Jules Verne.