Bulgarian Journalist Murdered by Cuban Husband
The Bulgarian journalist, 29, who was found dead in her apartment in the Belgian capital Brussels, her body covered with multiple stab wounds, has been killed by her husband, a Cuban.
The young woman has been identified as Anna Moya, she worked for an Iranian TV channel.
The murderer has surrendered to the police in Luxembourg, while still carrying the knife which he used.
The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry officially confirmed the murder shortly after midday on Friday. According to information of the Belgian police Moya was killed at 7.30 pm on Thursday.
The victim worked as a freelance journalist and held dual citizenship – Bulgarian and American, the statement of the Bulgarian ministry says.
The woman's apartment is located close to the headquarters of the European institutions, a region, where most Bulgarian correspondents in Brussels live in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison
- » A Woman's Body was found in Sofia Region
- » Bulgaria: More than 50 Minors were found in a Nightclub in Blagoevgrad during a Police Operation