Sofia Anticipates Concert of US Rock Legend Bob Dylan
The long-awaited Sofia concert of US rock musician Bob Dylan begins at 8 pm Thursday evening at the National Palace of Culture.
Dylan has been a major figure in popular music for five decades.
Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s when a number of his songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind" and "The Times They Are a-Changin'" became anthems for the civil rights and anti-war movements.
Dylan, who performs with guitar, keyboard, and harmonica, has both amplified and personalized musical genres, exploring numerous distinct traditions in American song—from folk, blues and country to gospel, rock and roll and rockabilly, to English, Scottish and Irish folk music, embracing even jazz and swing. His music has influenced and continues to influence generations of musicians.
Born in 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota, as Robert Allen Zimmerman, Bob Dylan's career boasts over 40 albums and numerous awards, including Grammy, Golden Globe and Academy Awards. He has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame. In 2008 a Bob Dylan Pathway was opened in the singer's honor in his birthplace of Duluth, Minnesota. The Pulitzer Prize jury in 2008 awarded him a special citation for what they called his profound impact on popular music and American culture.
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn
- » Bulgaria will Participate in the Venice Bienniale with the Installation "How We Live"
- » BUZLUDZHA FEATURES IN NEW 'FRANKENSTEIN' OPERA
- » Ten Minutes of Applause for the Sofia Philharmonic in Shanghai
- » Patronage and Decentralization are Among the Priorities in Culture Strategy in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Film Festival was Launched