Bulgarian Universities Get BGN 38 M EU Fund Boost
Bulgaria will receive money for higher education under the EU ‘Regional Development’ Program for the first time, it was reported Wednesday.
The Bulgarian Regional Development ministry stated that 13 universities in Bulgaria will receive BGN 38,3 M from the Regional Development OP. The money will reportedly be spent on “improving the educational infrastructure.”
Later Wednesday the contract for the funds will be signed by university rectors in the presence of Regional Development Minister Rosen Plevneliev and Education Minister Sergei Ignatov.
It was announced Tuesday that the first 36 contracts under the measure for creation and development of micro businesses of the EU Rural Development Program have also been signed in Bulgaria.
Thus, a total of BGN 11 M from the program will fund the development of local tourism projects, small-scale photovoltaic and renewable energy plants, and factories for the processing of timber and metal products, announced Bulgaria’s State Agriculture Fund which administers the funds.
- » Bulgarian Students with Great Success in a NASA Space Colony Competition
- » Student Fees in Bulgarian Universities - from BGN 200 to EUR 7700
- » By the Middle of 2019: All Schools in Bulgaria With Wi-Fi Networks
- » The Exhibition "Education without Borders" in the National Palace of Culture is Now Open
- » Burgas University will Train Doctors
- » Why a Professionally Written Essay Can Transform Your Studies