Bulgarian Red Cross Sends Aid to Flooded Poland
The leadership of the Bulgarian Red Cross has decided Tuesday to sent aid to those who sustained damage during the disaster May floods in Poland.
The amount slated is EUR 3 000 to be given to the Polish Red Cross and comes from the Bulgarian organization’s own resources.
The death toll from the floods is 15, while thousands have lost their homes and 30 000 have been evacuated.
The worse damage is in the southern parts of the country. The Polish cabinet already asked the EU for assistance.
The Red Crosses of Bulgaria and Poland have traditionally good relations and have collaborated in many actions.
- » Sunshine until Noon, Rain Showers later on in some Places in South Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Starts the Week with Nice Weather
- » 4.5 Magnitude Earthquake Hit the Greek Island of Zakynthos
- » UN: 2018 was the most Negative for the Climate
- » Spring Returns to Bulgaria with Full Force
- » More Sun in Northwest Bulgaria, Cloudy and Rainy in Eastern Parts of the Country