Bulgarian Red Cross Sends Aid to Flooded Poland
The leadership of the Bulgarian Red Cross has decided Tuesday to sent aid to those who sustained damage during the disaster May floods in Poland.
The amount slated is EUR 3 000 to be given to the Polish Red Cross and comes from the Bulgarian organization’s own resources.
The death toll from the floods is 15, while thousands have lost their homes and 30 000 have been evacuated.
The worse damage is in the southern parts of the country. The Polish cabinet already asked the EU for assistance.
The Red Crosses of Bulgaria and Poland have traditionally good relations and have collaborated in many actions.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires
- » Experts Say the Ocean Level May Rise 2m by the End of the Century
- » Bear Cub Visited a Private Yard of a House in Kladnitsa, Western Bulgaria (Video)
- » A Mild Earthquake Was Registered in the Kresna Seismic Zone
- » The Council of the European Union Has Adopted New Rules on Single-Use Plastics