Bulgaria EU Commissioner Supports Haiti Charity Concert in Sofia
Kristalina Georgieva, Bulgaria’s EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid, International Cooperation and Crisis Response, supported the charity concert for Haiti in Sofia Sunday.
The concert that was set to raise money for the re-building of the National cinema-theatre ‘Triumph’ in Haiti after it was destroyed by the devastating earthquake earlier this year, was attended in person by Georgieva.
Georgieva confirmed the EU’s commitment to the reconstruction efforts in Haiti on Sunday and personally supported the campaign by buying tickets for the concert.
In March, Bulgaria’s Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov announced that several Southeast European nations are going to contribute to the establishing of a “Balkan Hospital” in Haiti
The money for the hospital is expected to come from several regional initiatives but, most of all, from Sunday’s concert.
- » 70 Documentaries Will be Projected During This Year's Edition of Master of Art Festival
- » The Performance "A Simple Space" on Bulgarian Stage
- » Cultural Heritage tour Presented to Mark Sofia’s 140th Anniversary as Capital of Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn