Bulgaria EU Commissioner Supports Haiti Charity Concert in Sofia
Kristalina Georgieva, Bulgaria’s EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid, International Cooperation and Crisis Response, supported the charity concert for Haiti in Sofia Sunday.
The concert that was set to raise money for the re-building of the National cinema-theatre ‘Triumph’ in Haiti after it was destroyed by the devastating earthquake earlier this year, was attended in person by Georgieva.
Georgieva confirmed the EU’s commitment to the reconstruction efforts in Haiti on Sunday and personally supported the campaign by buying tickets for the concert.
In March, Bulgaria’s Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov announced that several Southeast European nations are going to contribute to the establishing of a “Balkan Hospital” in Haiti
The money for the hospital is expected to come from several regional initiatives but, most of all, from Sunday’s concert.
- » Half of Bulgarians Like Local Pop Folk Music Chalga
- » The National Costume Festival in Zheravna Begins
- » Spice Music Festival - 90`s Edition Coming in August to Burgas
- » N.Y’s Kalafatis Teams With Bulgaria’s Nu Boyana for Greek Venture
- » Street Food & Art Festival in Burgas is a New Concept for an Urban Festival
- » P!nk's Team Survived After Plane Crash