Bulgaria EU Commissioner Supports Haiti Charity Concert in Sofia
Kristalina Georgieva, Bulgaria’s EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid, International Cooperation and Crisis Response, supported the charity concert for Haiti in Sofia Sunday.
The concert that was set to raise money for the re-building of the National cinema-theatre ‘Triumph’ in Haiti after it was destroyed by the devastating earthquake earlier this year, was attended in person by Georgieva.
Georgieva confirmed the EU’s commitment to the reconstruction efforts in Haiti on Sunday and personally supported the campaign by buying tickets for the concert.
In March, Bulgaria’s Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov announced that several Southeast European nations are going to contribute to the establishing of a “Balkan Hospital” in Haiti
The money for the hospital is expected to come from several regional initiatives but, most of all, from Sunday’s concert.
- » Interesting Folklore Programme and Authentic Recipes for the Visitors to the Yoghurt Festival in Western Bulgaria
- » Francofolies Blagoevgrad Festival Attracts Attention in Bulgaria and Abroad
- » Summer Festival “Opera in the Park” Starts on June 21
- » The Revolver with Which Van Gogh Had Committed Suicide to be Put For Sale
- » Over 200 Groups will Participate at Rozhen 2019 National Folklore Fair
- » The Oldest Mosque in Bulgaria is Now Open to Visitors after a Major Overhaul