Bulgaria EU Commissioner Supports Haiti Charity Concert in Sofia
Kristalina Georgieva, Bulgaria’s EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid, International Cooperation and Crisis Response, supported the charity concert for Haiti in Sofia Sunday.
The concert that was set to raise money for the re-building of the National cinema-theatre ‘Triumph’ in Haiti after it was destroyed by the devastating earthquake earlier this year, was attended in person by Georgieva.
Georgieva confirmed the EU’s commitment to the reconstruction efforts in Haiti on Sunday and personally supported the campaign by buying tickets for the concert.
In March, Bulgaria’s Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov announced that several Southeast European nations are going to contribute to the establishing of a “Balkan Hospital” in Haiti
The money for the hospital is expected to come from several regional initiatives but, most of all, from Sunday’s concert.
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre