DB Schenker Becomes Bulgaria's 9th Railway Freight Carrier
German-owned company DB Schenker Rail EOOD has become the ninth railway freight operator in Bulgaria.
The railway freight operator license is being presented to the company Thursday afternoon by Bulgaria’s Deputy Transport Minister Kamen Kichev at a special ceremony in the town of Pirdop.
In addition to the license, DB Schenker Rail Bulgaria EOOD is receiving from the Transport Industry a safety certification, an insurance certificate, and a contract for access to the railway infrastructure with Bulgaria’s “National Company Railway Infrastructure.”
DB Schenker Rail Bulgaria EOOD is owned by the German company DB Mobility Logistics AG, part of the Deutsche Bahn Group.
Bulgaria’s Transport Ministry has announced a total of nine state and private companies have been granted licenses for railway freight carriers. These include four subsidiaries of Bulgaria’s state railway company BDZ as well as five private firms – Bulgarian Railway Company AD, Bulmarket DM OOD, Gastrade AD, Unitranscom AD, and DB Schenker Rail Bulgaria EOOD.
- » Yambol Municipality is Working to Create an Integrated Tourism Product
- » Bulgaria's NEK Opens Tender for Upgrade of HPP Devin Generator
- » Experian is Movin more than 950 Employees to a New Office in Sofia
- » 2.9 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered Near Blagoevgrad
- » Gazprom to Complete Offshore Section of Turkish Stream
- » Guide to the 7 Bulgarian Startups to Watch