DB Schenker Becomes Bulgaria's 9th Railway Freight Carrier
German-owned company DB Schenker Rail EOOD has become the ninth railway freight operator in Bulgaria.
The railway freight operator license is being presented to the company Thursday afternoon by Bulgaria’s Deputy Transport Minister Kamen Kichev at a special ceremony in the town of Pirdop.
In addition to the license, DB Schenker Rail Bulgaria EOOD is receiving from the Transport Industry a safety certification, an insurance certificate, and a contract for access to the railway infrastructure with Bulgaria’s “National Company Railway Infrastructure.”
DB Schenker Rail Bulgaria EOOD is owned by the German company DB Mobility Logistics AG, part of the Deutsche Bahn Group.
Bulgaria’s Transport Ministry has announced a total of nine state and private companies have been granted licenses for railway freight carriers. These include four subsidiaries of Bulgaria’s state railway company BDZ as well as five private firms – Bulgarian Railway Company AD, Bulmarket DM OOD, Gastrade AD, Unitranscom AD, and DB Schenker Rail Bulgaria EOOD.
- » A New Third Candidate is Ready to Take Part in CEZ's Bulgarian Business Deal
- » Tourism Minister: The Summer for Bulgarian Tourism will Be Challenging
- » Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February
- » Banks in Bulgaria have Earned BGN 1.43 Billion in 2018
- » Bulgaria’s Black Sea Hotels and Restaurants Seek to Hire Seasonal Workers
- » Foreign Tourists in Varna During the Winter - Mainly Romanians, Israelis, Germans and Turks