Bulgaria Film Industry Sees Record Production Increase
The National Statistical Institute (NSI) has revealed that 110 films were produced in Bulgaria in 2009, a 20% rise in the number of films compared to 2008.
The official 20,9% rise in the number of feature, short and medium length films in Bulgaria was mainly due to the 38 feature films produced, 3 times more than in 2008 – only 12,7% of all the fims were produced for the cinema audience, with 85,5% produced for television.
Meanwhile, the number of cinemas in Bulgaria continues to decline, as it has done since 2003. In 2009 there were 56 registered cinemas, while in 2003 there were 149.
The number of people visiting cinemas however shot up in 2009, with a year on year increase of 25,2% and ticket revenues went up 69,9 %.
The average price for a ticket countrywide was BGN 7,51, 35,6% more than in 2008.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Golden Rhyton Fest: Latest Films Online and Free from 4 to 10 December
- » BNR Children’s Choir Wins Grand Prix at Jean Sibelius Festival in Finland
- » New Book: Sofia – The City of Birds
- » Varna Summer International Theater Festival Kicks off Online
- » Bulgarian Church Honors St. Kliment Ochridski Today
- » Bulgarian Ballerina Anna Pampulova: I Can’t Stop Exploring Dance