Killer Bear Hunted Down in Southern Bulgaria
Hunters have shot down the killer bear which is believed to have murdered a man in the Bulgarian Rhodope Mountains.
The suspected killer bear was hunted down around noon of Thursday, announced the press office of the Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Water in Smolyan.
The hunters and environmentalists are certain that they have eliminated exactly the killer bear based on the fact that the front paw of the killed animal coincides with the traces found on the spot of the murder, and that it was hunted down in the same area.
The Environmental Inspectorate believes that the killer might have a cub, and the area is being searched in order to find it, and place it under proper care.
- » Climatologist Assoc. Prof. Georgi Rachev Predicts a Warm Winter
- » Mostly Cloudy Today with Rain in Some Parts of West and Central Bulgaria
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C