Israeli Correspondent for Bulgaria Dies at 50
Heny Berler, friend of Bulgaria and long-time media correspondent passed away suddenly in Israel Monday.
The news was reported by the Bulgarina Jewish Organization “Shalom.”
Belrer was born on February 19, 1960. She worked for years as a correspondent of the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, and Television, BNT, and a number of other media. The outstanding journalist was one of the key figures to which strong ties between Bulgaria and Israel can be attributed. Her last successful project was the establishment of a Bulgarian-Israeli Culture institute in Tel Aviv and Sofia.
The journalist was also Head Secretary of the Association of Bulgarian Jews in Israel.
According to BNT, Berler was scheduled to attend the meeting of the Bulgarina media which opened in Vienna Monday.
The funeral will be held on Thursday, May 20.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EP President David Sassoli has Passed Away
- » Actor Bob Saget was found Dead in a hotel room
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgarian Economist Vladimir Karolev has Passed Away
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis