Torrential Rains Flood Southwestern Bulgaria
Main streets, houses and hotels in Southwestern Bulgaria have been flooded after torrential rains drenched the region on Saturday.
Strong winds that blew in the region the previous night broke branches, damaging draining facilities and clogging shafts.
The access to a number of villages in the district of Blagoevgrad has been cut in the wake of the torrential rains. The storm destroyed bridges and blocked roads. No electricity blackouts have been reported.
The rain showers will continue in the next few days, coupled with thunderstorms.
Forecasts warn of a slight decline in temperatures by 6-7C with highs pushing the mercury no more than 11-17C.
The only safe haven from the rainy spell can be found in the eastern regions, where the sun will be shining and temperatures will reach 26C.
- » Light Rain and Snowfall in Northwest Bulgaria, Light Rain in Southwest Regions
- » Blagoevgrad has the most Polluted Air in the past 4 Days
- » The Air in Sofia was Cleaner in 2018 Compared to 2017
- » Bulgarian MRS: There is still Danger of Avalanches
- » Cloudy Weather Today Across the Country, Slight Chance For Rain
- » Air Pollution Registered in 7 Bulgarian Cities