1 Bulgarian Training Site Complies with NATO Requirements
The training ground in Bulgaria's Graf Ignatievo is the only site for the joint use of Bulgarian and US army with 100% compliance with NATO requirements.
The information was reported Tuesday during the paratroopers' exercises at the Krumovo airport, part of the joint Bulgarian-American military training “Thracian Spring 2010,” held between April 19 and 30.
The Tuesday exercise was attended by Bulgaria's Defense Minister, Anyu Angelov and the US Ambassador to Sofia, James Warlick.
Angelov also announced that the project to restructure the training ground at Bulgaria's Bezmer airport under the NATO Strategic Investment Program is delayed for an undetermined time period.
The other 2 joint military facilities – the Novo Selo training ground and the warehouses near Aytos only partially comply with the NATO requirements, according to Angelov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)
- » Do not be Alarmed: Military Helicopters and Planes will fly low over Sofia today
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister: "We are facing Unprecedented Hybrid Attacks from Russia”
- » The Bulgarian Government approved the Military Training for Students in 10th and 11th Grades