Bulgaria Issues Coin Dedicated to Belogradchik Rocks
The Bulgarian National Bank has issued a coin dedicated to one the country’s top tourist attractions, the Belogradchik Rocks.
The silver coin has a nominal value of BGN 10, and will be sold by the Bulgarian National Bank for BGN 54. A total of 4 000 coins will be circulated. The artistic image of the Belogradchik Rocks on the back of the coin has been authored by Vanya Dimitrova.
This is the second commemorative coin issued by the BNB in 2010; the first one was dedicated to the 140th year since the establishing of the Bulgarian Exarchate.
The Belogradchik Rocks, located near the northwest Bulgarian town of Belogradchik, are miraculous sandstone and limestone rock formations of up to 200 m in height with various shapes resulting from erosion. They form a strip which is 30 km in length and 3 km in width in the northwestern part of the Stara Planina (Balkan) Mountain.
Every single rock is named after a real object that it resembles. The rock range varies in color. The Belogradchik Rocks were declared a natural landmark in 1949. The ancient Belogradchik fortress is also located among the rocks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The World Health Organization changes the name of Monkeypox
- » Bulgaria: Two Workers Died during Excavation work in Pernik
- » World Bank: Bulgaria is among the countries with the most Aging Population in the World
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out
- » A Bulgarian Woman is among the Seven Victims of the Landslide in Italy
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 46 New Cases in the Last 24 hours