Bulgaria, US Launch Joint Spring Military Training
The joint Bulgarian-American military training “Thracian Spring 2010” began Monday in the regions of Plovdiv and Yambol, the Defense Ministry informs.
The training will conclude on April 30.
The Bulgarian armed forces are represented by the Air Forces, the Special Operation Forces, the Land Forces and the Navy. The American side includes servicemen from the US Air Forces in Europe and their military cargo aircraft C-130 Hercules.
The training includes day and night parachute jumps from the C-130 Hercules with the participation of Bulgarian paratroopers. Bulgarian pilots will receive training with real marking of air targets.
During “Thracian Spring 2010” regiments from he Land and Air Forces, and the Navy will be trained to take part in military missions with the goal to align different armed forces operations in international environment.
On April 14, the Council of Ministers published a report showing that Bulgaria maintains one of the largest and most costly for the taxpayers' armies in the EU while obsolete equipment places the armed forces far behind other NATO members and creates obstacles for their compliance with the Alliance.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria approved to send Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Providing Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine will Not Endanger the Bulgarian Air Defense
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities