Bulgaria Right Wing Mulls Confidence Vote for Health Minister
The right-wing Blue Coalition gave a positive assessment of the program of Prof. Anna-Maria Borisova, who is the GERB nomination for Health Minister.
Borisova appeared Wednesday before the Coalition's parliamentary group, composed of Members of the Parliaments from its 2 parties – Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB) and Union of Democratic Forces (UDF).
For now, the Coalition accepts Borisova's ideas for health care reform and deems her performance better than her initial media appearances, MP Vanyo Sharkov said.
The “blues” note the nominee's strong will to work hard, and a will for reforms with concrete deadlines.
Sharkov explained Borisova's strategy as: a check of the health care system within a month, redefining and aligning the standards within 2 months; reform of the hospital care system and restructuring hospitals where needed, more medications for cancer and hematologic patients, more funds for emergency care, mandatory emergency care insurance.
The right wing, however, failed to fully commit they will support the nomination during the vote in the Parliament next week.
The Council of Ministers press center informs the delay was due to Borisova's personal request because she made prior commitments to attend a conference before learning about the nomination. The cabinet further explain, the vote will be scheduled for next week.
The Blue Coalition declared in the beginning of the week they would not unconditionally support the GERB nomination and must first hear her step-by-step program for a health reform.
- » EU Health Commissioner: The Measures taken by Bulgaria on Rinderpest are Strictly in Line with the EC’s Recommendations
- » Bulgaria Reports Another Case of Ovine Rinderpest
- » Dr. Ivayla Davidova, BFSA: The most Likely Cause of Rinderpest in Bulgaria is illegal Transportation of an Infected Animal from Turkey
- » New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Euthanasia of Healthy Animals in Strandzha
- » Plovdiv Hospital is Threatened to remain without Electricity