Polish 'Air Force 1' Crashes with President Kaczynski on Board
A plane carrying Polish President Lech Kaczynski has crashed near the airport of the Russian city of Smolensk.
Kaczynski, who was due to visit Smolensk to mark the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre, in which Soviet troops killed thousands of Poles, perished when the government TU-154 plane crashed near the airport of the Russian city.
With the finding of the body later on Saturday, the tragic news about Kaczynski’s death was confirmed with certainty.
According to latest reports, all 96 passengers and crew died. The delegation included top politicians, clergy and military men, among them the Governor of the Polish Central Bank, the Army’s Chief of Staff, former ministers, Members of the Parliament, deputy ministers, relatives of the 1940 Katyn victims, intellectuals.
According to the Russian news agency ITAR-TASS, and the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations, the plane crashed 10:56 am Moscow time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » Kosovo PM: Conflict with Serbia is a Possibility
- » Russian Nuclear Threats: US steps up Surveillance, Poland wants “Devastating” NATO response
- » Peskov: Our Minimum Goal is Complete Liberation of the DPR
- » Day 217 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Plans New Offensive, Zelensky wants Russia out of All Int. Organizations
- » German Consumer Sentiment Collapses to Record Low due to Inflation and Energy Crisis