Bulgaria's 'World Is Big' Wins French Audience Award
Bulgaria's "The World Is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner", directed by Stephan Komandarev, won the audience award at the prestigious film fest in Valancienne, France.
The 21st international film fest in Valancienne was held between March 25 and 28. The Bulgarian movie competed with 6 other titles, among them 3 French. This is the 9th international audience award for the Bulgarian film from festivals held on 4 continents.
The movie also had its opening “river” night when it was shown on the ship “Sofia,” currently navigating on the Danube river as part of the program of the Danube Musical Festival.
“The World is Big” has over 30 international awards. The movie was on the shortlist of 9 films, nominated for Best Foreign Film Oscar, determined by a committee of several hundred Los Angeles-based member of the Academy, but failed to make the final cut.
Director Stephan Komandarev adapted the film from a novel by Ilija Trojanow that was inspired by the author's real-life experiences.
- » The 69th Edition of "Berlinale" Begins
- » The "One Person" Figure with 56 Screen, 12 Meters High, can Replace the "Bronze House"
- » National Palace of Culture Will Host the Harry Potter Book Night
- » Theater Sofia Brings THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME to Bulgaria 2/8 and 3/19!
- » The Bulgarian National Film Center Will Increase the Annual Amount of Film Funding by 6.32%
- » Exhibition of Donated Paintings at the National Gallery