Expert: Bulgaria Faces Imminent Terror Threat
Bulgaria faces a real danger to become a target of terrorist attacks similar to the Monday suicide bombings in the Moscow metro, terrorism expert, Ivan Boyadzhiev, believes.
In an interview for Darik radio Boyadzhiev said that terrorists have turned their attention now to countries with less security after the draconian measures imposed by the US and the UK.
According to the expert, suicide bombers have entered permanently international terrorism where there are no boundaries, religion, politics and education thus it is very hard to counter them and prevent attacks.
“Suicide bombers are difficult to profile – they are unique and are already in their third generation. Many of them have graduated from prestigious Western colleges, have families, children, and legal business,” Boyadzhiev said.
The expert explains his conviction Bulgaria could be targeted by terrorists with the country's NATO membership, participation in NATO missions, and internal negative factors such as low level of security.
- » The Earth Has Lost 12 million Hectares of Tropical Forests in 2018
- » During the 2017/2018 School Year, 16,300 Students Left School
- » Bulgarian Beekeepers Threaten to Block Pleven – Sofia Road in Protest
- » Girl from Varna Disappeared in Germany
- » Bulgarian Doctors will be Trained for Pulmonary Transplantation in Vienna
- » Over 4500 Children and Young People in Bulgaria Live in a Criminal Environment