Expert: Bulgaria Faces Imminent Terror Threat
Bulgaria faces a real danger to become a target of terrorist attacks similar to the Monday suicide bombings in the Moscow metro, terrorism expert, Ivan Boyadzhiev, believes.
In an interview for Darik radio Boyadzhiev said that terrorists have turned their attention now to countries with less security after the draconian measures imposed by the US and the UK.
According to the expert, suicide bombers have entered permanently international terrorism where there are no boundaries, religion, politics and education thus it is very hard to counter them and prevent attacks.
“Suicide bombers are difficult to profile – they are unique and are already in their third generation. Many of them have graduated from prestigious Western colleges, have families, children, and legal business,” Boyadzhiev said.
The expert explains his conviction Bulgaria could be targeted by terrorists with the country's NATO membership, participation in NATO missions, and internal negative factors such as low level of security.
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » NASA Accelerates Its Plans to Land on the Moon
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria
- » Is Winter Going Away? New Warm Wave is Coming