Bulgaria Holds Traditional Palm Sunday Blood Donor Campaign
Bulgaria's Health Ministry and the Bulgarian Red Cross, supported by the Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Maxim, have organized the traditional blood donor campaign on Palm Sunday.
The campaign, called "Light a candle, donate blood", seeks to raise awareness among Bulgarians of the need to voluntarily donate blood.
The National Center of Hematology and the Red Cross are distributing promotional materials around the Bulgarian capital, Sofia, and encouraging donors to attend mobile centers set up for the day.
The day is part of an ongoing health campaign, as Bulgaria is currently the European country with the lowest rate of blood donors.
- » US Health Authorities Have Identified the Ingredient in the Electronic Cigarettes that Causes Lung Illnesses
- » Annually more than 4,000 People Develop Lung Cancer in Bulgaria - over 3,000 of them Are Men
- » There Are 442 Thousand People with Diabetes in Bulgaria
- » November - Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- » 3/4 of Bulgarians Would Seek a Donor, but only 1/3 Would Consent to a Donation
- » The Number of People Who Died in the US because of E-Cigarettes Has Reached 37