Bulgaria Holds Traditional Palm Sunday Blood Donor Campaign
Bulgaria's Health Ministry and the Bulgarian Red Cross, supported by the Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Maxim, have organized the traditional blood donor campaign on Palm Sunday.
The campaign, called "Light a candle, donate blood", seeks to raise awareness among Bulgarians of the need to voluntarily donate blood.
The National Center of Hematology and the Red Cross are distributing promotional materials around the Bulgarian capital, Sofia, and encouraging donors to attend mobile centers set up for the day.
The day is part of an ongoing health campaign, as Bulgaria is currently the European country with the lowest rate of blood donors.
- » Bulgarian Doctors will be Trained for Pulmonary Transplantation in Vienna
- » 110,000 Cases of Measles Worldwide Over the First Three Months of the Year
- » Nearly 500 Measles Cases in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth in Europe on the Spread of Measles
- » A National Coordination Council for Measles Has Been Established
- » 460 Infected with Measles in Bulgaria, 20 of them are Hospital Staff