Bulgarian Doctors to Hold National Strike on April 7
The Bulgarian Medical Association has announced that doctors will hold a national strike on April 7, to protest against wage cuts and the government’s health reform.
The strike entitled ‘Day of Health-Day of Protest’. The BMA also stated that doctors from around the country will decide in what way they want to protest.
Earlier Bulgaria PM Boyko Borisov reassured Bulgarian doctors that the ceiling on their wages will only be a temporary anti-crisis measure.
Borisov, speaking to the Bulgarian Medical Association at their annual Council meeting, said that when his government manages to “stop the leaks” and to cope with the losses from energy projects such as Belene NPP and Tsankov Kamak doctors wages will be increased rhythmically.
He said that the ceiling of BGN 3500 placed on doctors wages would only be temporary and that when the crisis is over the best doctors will “again be able to receive BGN 50 000 monthly”.
- » Young People Smoked Marijuana in front of the Bulgarian National Assembly SC, Three were Detained
- » Again Thousands Protested in Belgrade
- » Plane Crashed near Plovdiv, Two Died
- » Facebook Has Stored Contacts to 1.5 Million People Without Asking Them
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » More than 30,000 Antique Objects to Return to Bulgaria after Special Operation by Bulgarian and Spanish Authorities (Video)