Ethnic Turks Leader Took BGN 1,5 M as Energy Project Consultant
Ethnic Turkish DPS party leader Ahmed Dogan is reported to have been paid BGN 1,5 M as a consultant on 4 Bulgarian hydroelectricity projects for the previous tri-partite government.
Dogan, leader of the ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) which was a member of the ex tri-partite government, took BGN 1,5 M as a consultant for the ‘Tsankov Kamak’, ‘Dospat’, ‘Gorna Arda’ and ‘Tundzha’ Dam projects, according to Bulgarian daily newspaper Trud.
The payment of the money was made to Dogan according to a contract signed between him and the Institute of Mining, through ‘Minstroy Holding’ represented by Nikolay Valkanov.
According to the original contract in January 2008 Dogan was meant to be paid BGN 1,9 M but a year later in February 2009 he was officially paid BGN 1,5 M. According to documents he paid 4 experts a total of BGN 50 000 out of this money – including Ex CEO of the National Electricity Company (NEC), Danail Tafrov.
Bulgaria PM Boyko Borisov revealed on Thursday that prosecutors are already studying the project of the hydroelectric power plant – ‘Tsankov Kamak’, after a huge hike in the initial price was discovered.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The EC is holding Talks with Bulgaria due to Fears that there may be Exports from "Lukoil"
- » Bulgaria: Increase in the Price of Gas by nearly 19% for December due to Expensive Gas stored in Chiren
- » For the first time since January: Brent Crude Oil fell below $82 per Barrel
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now
- » The Fuel Discount in Bulgaria: When will it be over?