Bulgarians' Travels Slump in 4Q 2009 over Crisis
The trips of Bulgarians abroad during the fourth quarter of 2009 have been 1 178 000, the National Statistics Institute data shows.
The data was published Thursday and reveals that compared to the same period of 2009, the number of personal trips is down 8,4%. The reduction is registered for both local trips – 6% and trips abroad – nearly 26%.
Those who traveled to foreign countries for vacation are the majority – 55% of all trips abroad while 46% have visited friends and relatives.
When traveling on vacation in the country during the last quarter of 2009, Bulgarians spent most money on food – 38% of all expenditures, while for trips abroad 35% of all expenses were made for accommodations and transportation.
During the last quarter of 2009, each person had spend an average of BGN 144 for personal trips inside the country and BGN 1 095 for trips abroad. The expenses for business trips are BGN 116 and BGN 1 168 respectively.
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Turkish Airlines Adds Direct Flights to the Vietnamese Cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule