Bulgarians' Travels Slump in 4Q 2009 over Crisis
The trips of Bulgarians abroad during the fourth quarter of 2009 have been 1 178 000, the National Statistics Institute data shows.
The data was published Thursday and reveals that compared to the same period of 2009, the number of personal trips is down 8,4%. The reduction is registered for both local trips – 6% and trips abroad – nearly 26%.
Those who traveled to foreign countries for vacation are the majority – 55% of all trips abroad while 46% have visited friends and relatives.
When traveling on vacation in the country during the last quarter of 2009, Bulgarians spent most money on food – 38% of all expenditures, while for trips abroad 35% of all expenses were made for accommodations and transportation.
During the last quarter of 2009, each person had spend an average of BGN 144 for personal trips inside the country and BGN 1 095 for trips abroad. The expenses for business trips are BGN 116 and BGN 1 168 respectively.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Wizz Air: 20% Discount for all Flights to and from Bulgaria
- » Rules for Entering Bulgaria from June 1
- » Here is a List of Beaches in Bulgaria with Free Umbrellas and Sunbeds
- » Bulgaria's Resort Sunny Beach is Ready for Tourists
- » Travel Quarantine Rules in Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Spain, France and other Countries
- » Finnair: Half of Our Customers Planning Leisure Trips by Air, Flights within Europe First Choice