Bulgarian Singer's Voice Featured in Hit Film Avatar
The voice of a young Bulgarian singer is featured in the soundtrack of the top Hollywood blockbuster Avatar.
Young Radka Varimezova’s voice appears in the culmination of Avatar, singing in the Na'vi language made up specially for the movie.
It is also included in the CD with the soundtrack of the hit movie which raised some USD 2,5 B in the box offices around the world, the Trud Daily has reported.
Varimezova’s parents, Ivan and Tsvetanka, are ethnomusicology professors at the University of California in LA.
Young Radka sings Bulgarian folklore songs and plays the bagpipe. She has graduated from the University of California in Santa Barbara, and is going to medical school to become a dentist.
The Trud Daily points out that on a recent occasion Radka Varimezova and her mother Tsvetanka moved Tom Hanks to tears by performing the Bulgarian folklore song “Indzhe Voyvoda.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Actress Maria Bakalova will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- » US with a Report on Religious Freedom in Bulgaria: Mosques are not Built or Repaired
- » National Celebration at Okolchitsa Peak in Memory of Bulgarian Hero Hristo Botev
- » Interesting Facts from the Life of Bulgarian Revolutionary and Poet Hristo Botev
- » Sirens Today - We Celebrate Botev’s Day and Those who Died for the Freedom of Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature