Bulgarian Singer's Voice Featured in Hit Film Avatar
The voice of a young Bulgarian singer is featured in the soundtrack of the top Hollywood blockbuster Avatar.
Young Radka Varimezova’s voice appears in the culmination of Avatar, singing in the Na'vi language made up specially for the movie.
It is also included in the CD with the soundtrack of the hit movie which raised some USD 2,5 B in the box offices around the world, the Trud Daily has reported.
Varimezova’s parents, Ivan and Tsvetanka, are ethnomusicology professors at the University of California in LA.
Young Radka sings Bulgarian folklore songs and plays the bagpipe. She has graduated from the University of California in Santa Barbara, and is going to medical school to become a dentist.
The Trud Daily points out that on a recent occasion Radka Varimezova and her mother Tsvetanka moved Tom Hanks to tears by performing the Bulgarian folklore song “Indzhe Voyvoda.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian History: 119 years since the Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising
- » After the Arson in North Macedonia the Renovated Facade of the Bulgarian Cultural Center is Ready
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 185th Anniversary of the Birth of Vasil Levski
- » “Bulgaria and Macedonia. History and Politics” Enters all major World Libraries in English
- » Bulgarian Actress Maria Bakalova will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- » US with a Report on Religious Freedom in Bulgaria: Mosques are not Built or Repaired