People around Bulgaria Rise in Protest against GMO
Five major Bulgarian cities are holding Thursday protests against the amendments of the Genetically Modified Organisms Act.
“For the Nature” Coalition of NGOs together with mothers’ organizations are holding protests Thursday afternoon in Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Ruse, and Veliko Tarnovo against the planned changes of the GMO act which are supposed to allow the release of GMO in Bulgarian nature for the purposes of scientific tests.
The law has been adopted at first reading but still have to pass a second reading. On Thursday, it will be considered by the Environment Committee of the Bulgarian Parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik
- » Second Day of Bomb Threats in Schools across Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threat at a School in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Over 250 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Code Orange for Strong Winds in 8 Regions of Bulgaria for Today
- » Bulgaria: New, Stricter Measures for Traffic Violators